Brighton and Hove City Council has published proposals for tackling parking problems in and about the park. These proposals have come about as a result of resident and park users’ feedback and they want you to have a say. The proposals in brief are to:
- Create off-street parking areas to limit parking in the park to two designated areas, known as The Gallops and The Ride and shown in the information leaflet plan in red.
- Allow access to designated disabled parking bays close to the picnic area and central pathway (marked on the plan) for Blue Badge Holders only.
- Prevent non park users parking all day by restricting parking to a maximum of four hours in the park.
- Increase the length of stay for on street parking to 11 hours in the southern section of Preston Park Avenue (south of the existing loading bay).
- Introduce a parking charge lower than the on street parking charge to fund and maintain the proposed scheme. If an income is generated this will be reserved for improvements to Preston Park.
You can give us your views in person by visiting the Chalet Café September 01-14 or the Rotunda Café September 16-30 if you prefer to complete a survey on paper, and either return it using the box on site or a prepaid reply envelope by the 30 September 2011.
If you prefer to speak to council representatives then they are holding an exhibition at Preston Park Men’s Bowls Pavilion on Thursday 15 September 2011 between 2.00pm and 6.30pm.
You can also give your views by filling in the survey online.