On August 25th, from 11.30-5, Friends of Preston Park, in conjunction with CityParks, is staging our second summer festival in the park. Our aim is to celebrate local talents, promote local businesses and community organisations and to provide a fun day for everyone living in the area.
Huxley’s Birds of Prey: available all afternoon, special displays at 12.20 and 14.30
Visits to Preston Manor will be free of charge all day!
Preston Manor Volunteer Gardeners: selling plants and cuttings from the garden
Girl Guides: various Fayre games
Preston and Old Patcham Society: photo competition
Brighton & Hove Weavers and Spinners – a chance to see the old methods in action, and to try an addictive example of wool-weaving
Albion in the Community: quiz to win Albion tickets
Your Preston Park councillors: Amy Kennedy, Leo Littman, Mike Jones
Biosphere Project: inflatable globe, maps, feely box
The Little Times: massage and more
Food and drink
Candy Queens: candy floss with a difference!
Beer Matt: Sussex ales and Pimms tent
BBQ Shack: nationally-renowned BBQ maestros
Veggie Love Bites
Gelato Bike: ice creams
Laughing Bakery: pop-up bakery, hand-made biscuits, tarts and cakes
Sultan’s Delights: Middle-Eastern-style pastries, mezes and salad
Titbits: vegan tapas
Arts and crafts
Fiveways Artists Group
Mohamed Hamid: Star Pottery
Lundscape: plants and hand-made planting boxes and troughs
Daisy Doo Cards / Peddz: small figures, hand-made greeting cards
Fun and games
Face-painting – two face painters available all afternoon
Bouncy slide for everyone and bouncy castle for young children
Balloonarcy: balloon twisting
Spots and stripes: fun games including sack racing, tug-of-war, etc
British Military Fitness: kids’ assault course
Test your strength
Whack the rat
Have-a-go petanque and croquet
Music and dance
- 11.30 Zumba fitness: funky rhythms and easy dance moves
- 11.50 Dylan Hodgson: Brighton’s young guitar hopeful serves up an engaging blend of American Folk and Roots. A beautiful starter for the afternoon’s musical acts.
- 12.50 K-Bis Theatre School
- 13.05 The DBs: a blend of anti-folk….. a bit of Easy Rider…. a bit of Woodstock …. a bit of Lark Rise to Candleford …. perfect for an afternoon in the park!
- 13.50 Wolflung: a chilled blend of latin jazz rhythms, caustic lyrics and sweet sweet guitars.
- 15.00 Duke of Burgundy: An upbeat blend of folk, rock and reggae. Turning up the tempo after your picnics!
- 15.50 Zumba fitness: funky rhythms and easy dance moves
- 16.15 Azul: a vibrant mix of North Brazilian Carnival music with drumming, singing and dancing. Brazilian Roots music at its best! The highlight of Kemp Town Carnival earlier this year, you will just have to join in with this lot!